Musculoskeletal Conditions We Treat:
- Arthroscopy – Diagnoses or treats joint injuries and diseases through a minimally invasive surgical procedure
- Total joint replacement – Removes damaged parts of your joint and replaces them with new, artificial implants
- Joint revision surgery – Removes an artificial joint that’s no longer effective and replaces it with a new one
- Physical therapy and other rehabilitation services
- Medications or injections to reduce inflammation
- Debridement – Removes unhealthy tissue from a wound to promote healing
- Cartilage restoration – Repairs or replaces damaged cartilage to relieve joint pain
- Fractures– Trust the orthopedic specialists at Summersville Regional Medical Center to accurately diagnose and treat all types of fractures, including multiple fractures, complex joint and hip fractures, and ‘open’ fractures, where the bone is exposed through a wound. Simple breaks may require just a splint or a cast. More complex fractures may require stabilizing your bones with pins, screws or plates. We also care for fractures that have developed problems with healing, such as failure to heal or incorrect healing. When infection occurs in the bone, the treatment of these infections is often difficult and the team approach here at Summersville Regional Medical Center, including infectious disease physicians as well as orthopedic surgeons, has extensive experience with the management of these problems.
- Back pain
- Some spinal disorders
- Pediatric orthopedic problems – SRMC’s patients enjoy a partnership with WVU who provide a pediatric orthopedic specialist that makes visits as necessary to SRMC.
- Feet and ankles
- Bone Infections
- Hands, elbows, and shoulders
- Sports injuries
- Strains and sprains
When you pull a muscle during your weekend warrior adventures, have swollen, achy joints, or need care for a broken bone, find expert comprehensive care from our orthopedic specialists at Summersville Regional Medical Center. Put your bones, muscles, joints, and ligaments in the right hands. Our medical team includes two orthopedic surgeons and medical support staff. So, whether you’re experiencing an acute injury or a chronic problem, trust us to ease your discomfort so you can return to the activities you enjoy.
Your bone health is important to us. Research shows people who have had one fragility fracture- a broken bone that results from a fall at standing height or less- are at higher risk of future fractures. Proper treatment, which may include lifestyle changes and/or medications, can reduce your risk of experiencing another fracture by up to 50 percent. Our orthopedics work closely with other specialized practitioners on methods to minimize the risk of these injuries.
Our Orthopedic Surgeon, Dr DeHaven has over 25 years of experience performing total hip and total knee replacements, as well as comprehensive and complex shoulder surgeries. Our patients are typically up and walking the day of surgery and we are seeing tremendous results. We have comprehensive Physical Therapy services on both an in-patient and out-patient basis to assist you in your rehabilitation needs.
Dr. Beauchman comes with a specialty background in sports medicine. He did a fellowship with the Houston Rockets and Houston Astros and brings us a higher level of understanding on what options athletes of all ages have available to them. He is abreast with the latest cutting edge technology concerning trauma injuries such as shoulder repairs, ACL repairs, and tendon
Our teams of qualified and skilled physicians provide a personalized experience in a caring and comfortable environment to enhance the quality of life of our patients. Utilizing the latest medical technologies and treatments, our staff are committed to delivering convenient and valuable services to meet the needs of the community.