When you pull a muscle during your weekend warrior adventures, have swollen, achy joints, or need care for a broken bone, find expert comprehensive care from our orthopedic specialists at Summersville Regional Medical Center. Put your bones, muscles, joints and ligaments in the right hands. Our medical team includes two orthopedic surgeons and # medical support staff. So, whether you’re experiencing an acute injury or a chronic problem, trust us to ease your discomfort so you can return to the activities you enjoy.
Your bone health is important to us. Research shows people who have had one fragility fracture- a broken bone that results from a fall at standing height or less- are at higher risk of future fractures. Proper treatment, which may include lifestyle changes and/or medications, can reduce your risk of experiencing another fracture by up to 50 percent. Our orthopedics work closely with other specialized practitioners on methods to minimize the risk of these injuries.
Musculoskeletal Conditions We Treat:
- Arthroscopy – Diagnoses or treats joint injuries and diseases through a minimally invasive surgical procedure
- Total joint replacement – Removes damaged parts of your joint and replaces them with new, artificial implants
- Joint revision surgery – Removes an artificial joint that’s no longer effective and replaces it with a new one
- Spinal deformity correction
- Physical therapy and other rehabilitation services
- Medications or injections to reduce inflammation
- Biologic joint injections – Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and stem-cell therapy – Speeds recovery by injecting PRP (a concentrate from your blood that promotes healing) or your own stem cells
- Debridement – Removes unhealthy tissue from a wound to promote healing
- Cartilage restoration – Repairs or replaces damaged cartilage to relieve joint pain
- Fractures – Trust the orthopedic specialists at Summersville Regional Medical Center to accurately diagnose and treat all types of fractures, including multiple fractures, complex joint and hip fractures, and “open” fractures, where the bone is exposed through a wound. Simple breaks may require just a splint or a cast. More complex factures may require stabilizing your bones with pins, screws or plates. We also care for fractures that have developed problems with healing, such as failure to heal or incorrect healing. When infection occurs in the bone the treatment of these infections is often difficult and the team approach here at Summersville Regional Medical Center, including infectious disease physicians as well as orthopedic surgeons, has extensive experience with the management of these problems.
- Back pain and some spinal disorders
- Pediatric orthopedic problems
- Feet and ankles
- Unhealed fractures and bone infections
- Hands, elbows and shoulders
- Sports injuries
- Strains and sprains
- Pediatric orthopedics – Summersville Regional Medical Center’s patients enjoy a partnership with CAMC who provides a pediatric orthopedic specialist that makes visits as necessary to SRMC.