- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Full Time
- Registered Nurse
- Summersville, WV
- Salary + Benefits
- Southern West Virginia
- January 23, 2016
- June 15, 2017
- January 1, 2020
- Promotes and restores patients’ health by completing the nursing process
- Collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members
- Providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families
- Supervising assigned team members
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing a personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient’s independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patients, friends, and family to understand the condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division’s philosophies and standards of care set by the state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Resolves patients’ problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Clinical skills
- Excellent bedside manner
- Infection control
- Nursing skills
- Physiological knowledge
- Administering medication
- Medical teamwork
- Multi-tasking, listening
- Verbal communication
- Health promotion and maintenance